My Anxious Dog is proudly supporting Diana Brimblecombe Animal Rescue Centre
The DBARC formerly the Animal Rescue Group, Wokingham, was founded over 50 years ago. For a large part of that time animals rescued by the Charity were kept at the home of Mrs Brimblecombe, who was awarded the MBE in 2001 for services to Animal Rescue.
Whilst the staff and supporters of the Charity have done a magnificent job over the years, helping thousands of unwanted, stray and neglected animals, the operational aspect of the rescue has been continually expanding throughout this time, and it became clear that it could no longer function in the cramped and difficult conditions of Mrs. Brimblecombe's back garden!
It is almost impossible to raise the funds necessary to keep the Rescue even ticking over, but some incredibly generous legacies enabled the charity to seek a permanent, independent site for a properly equipped Rescue Centre where our animals could receive the best of care, and in May 2003 we relocated to Hurst, where our animals are accommodated in specially adapted and purpose-built accommodation on a 13 acre site.
- Block of 14 spacious dog kennels, with heating and air conditioning - and covered outside runs
- Two dog-walking paddocks, one with a footpath for walkers in bad weather, the other is smaller for 'off lead' exercise and games.
- New Cattery block of 14 units, all with thermostatically controlled heating, as well as a light in each unit. This is completely undercover, so keeps our cats warm in the winter, and cool in the summer.
- Separate isolation units for cats and dogs, so any animal suspected of having an infection disease can be immediately quarantined
- A quiet whelping area, so we can accommodate a bitch and her puppies should the need arise
- Indoor kennels in main area where we can house smaller dogs & puppies in a quieter and warmer environment
- Two puppy play areas, concreted so we can keep them clean & disinfected. These have large canopies above to protect from the sun in the summer months
- Spacious aviaries, with wind protection on the sides to keep them comfortable.
- We firmly believe that rabbits should not live their lives in solitary confinement in cramped hutches, which is so often the fate of pet rabbits. Due in large part to the generous sponsorship of a supporter, we now have a wonderful bunny care complex designed and built to our own specifications where our rabbits can enjoy active lives and social interaction.
- Our Guinea Pigs have spacious areas where we can accommodate small colonies of these highly social creatures. They enjoy the extra space, and the special 'Carrot Cottages' and other play items we like to supply them with!
DBARC is a fantastic facility for the care of animals. It has grown into this due to the inspiration of Mrs Brimblecombe and due to the hard work, generosity and dedication of so very many people over the years.
If you would like further information on the work of the Charity or would like to be involved in any way, please visit our website https://www.dbarc.org.uk/ or feel free to email us on email@example.com to arrange a visit.